PHP should be kept up-to-date for WordPress security. This is your web hosting provider's responsibility. Run away from any host that does not bother with something so critical. We always run a current version of PHP and will move your WordPress site from your current host to our hosting for free.
Get Your PHP Updates on Autopilot
- 1. Go to our homepage then pick one of our WordPress hosting plans to start your free trial.
- 2. Log into your account to request free website migration. We'll make this really easy for you.
- 3. Sit back and relax while we handle PHP updates for you behind the scenes from now on.
Hosts are literally warned years in advance about PHP versions that will stop receiving security updates. While you can ask your host if they're willing to update, it's hard to feel safe sticking with a host that would be so neglegent in the first place. Some hosts will even refuse to update or ask you to upgrade your plan first.
How to Check if PHP is Outdated / Insecure
Follow these steps to check if PHP is up-to-date in case you are not sure.
- 1. Go to Plugins > Add New and search for Display PHP Version then install and activate it.
- 2. Go to your WordPress dashboard to see the version your host is using.
- 3. Make sure that version is currently supported.